nickname

February 23, 2012

I have this unconscious (and weird) interest on nicknames. For me, nicknames only works for those who knows you so well. When everyone happens to call you with your nickname, it maybe caused by either you are too extrovert so it seems like everybody knows you and call you with your nicknames or maybe you have been experiencing something that happens to be the origin of your nickname and that thing was so phenomenal that everyone you know call you with that name.

I don't have much nicknames though my name is so common. I was having one when I was on high school. The name changes depend on who was talking to me. On my age, older, or even younger.

It's kind of awkward when people who knows me through a friend of mine started calling me in a way my friend calls me. It's petty and pathetic to feel bothered by that, but at first, it still weird. Call me anything but this is my view on nicknames :

was that weird? I guess so, but anyway, you don't call everyone with any names, do you? I guess that happens when we are cursing over someone. Associate those you despise with anything you hate that you think suitable since you have no relation with them.

I am happy for my nicknames, and for my high school friends who calls me that way. One of my friend was called Kong Ja (from Kungfu Komang), Plankton (from Spongebob), Kancil (from the tale of Kancil), and nyipski (the alternative name of the real name).

I was called Mpit (shortened version of my name), Pitri (changes influenced by culture), Pitrick (adapted from Patrick from Spongebob, the one that I like the least since Patrick is nowhere near normal) Aisyah (only my father calls me this way, I hate it when people call me this way, I don't feel special anymore), and Tepit (the modification of the first nickname by my junior on highschool).

Yes, nicknames mean that much to me. The untold stories and the unspoken words, and also the memories :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive