2016 : Reading

February 02, 2017

Okay, so it's February already and it's sooo late to write about 2016. But I've been busy with this and that in January and in the midst of that manage to write some drafts about 2016, so I just decided to post it anyway.


My first 2016 moments would be about reading. I read this and feel entitled to make a post about my reading in 2016 since I'm a self-acclaimed self avid reader.

In summary, two milestones of my reading on 2016 were me purchasing a bookshelf and going to Big Bad Wolf. Also I didn't keep track of my reading in Goodreads so that I didn't aware of how much I was reading this year. At least I got some of my instant favorites.

First of all, my first bookshelf.

okay, so this is when it was first arrived. right now, it's kinda cluttered
Before this, I didn't have a bookshelf. I used to put all of my books on a closed cabinet and overtime it got full and I have piles of books I just bought and another were scattered in my room so I can just pick them up anytime when I want to need them. But then I had a major clean up and decided that I don't want to have my books scattered all over my room. And since I didn't have my bookshelf yet, I put all of my books in two boxes and put them away for a while. Trust me, for a person who got excited on the idea of book's spine, that wasn't exactly a good experience.

On the beginning of this year, my family went out to department store and while I stay at home I told my father that I might want to buy a bookshelf. So he updated me of the models on sale, I decided on one, and he went home with a bookshelf. Little did I know that buying a bookshelf requires me to be a bit impulsive (and less thinking). The same day, my father build the bookshelf (I was so sure I can do it myself until my father takes over) and we moved it to my room, after getting rid of my old closed cabinet.

I remember that I wasn't in a very good mood that day and arranging books into the shelves got me so happy. I mean you have endless choice of arranging my books. By title or author's alphabet, by size, by year of purchase, by series, by publishers (local and import), by language, by colors... I decided to go with the size though sorting by colors would look so pretty.

Up to now, I have rearranging my books twice and keep it filled up. I'm pretty sure I'm up for another shelf next year.


The second one is Big Bad Wolf.

I went to Big Bad Wolf 2016 twice. The first one was on early days with a friend of mine and the second one was a week later with my family. I had to admit that I didn't buy that much (only 4 books for me, three of them I didn't really into). But the experience of going itself was fun. Well, you got to be in a hall full of books in good condition and cheaper price, I even lasted for hours twice not buying things and just looking. That's how enjoyable going to a book fair for me.

Also the books I purchase on the BBW 2016 inspires me to read a more diverse genre. Recently I only read young-adults with light love story, and I don't really into those I bought on BBW. Maybe I just need to branch out of my genre.

Of all books I read this year, I have several that was a memorable experience. And here they are :

1. The last two books of Gallagher Academy by Ally Carter.

I have the first four book in translated version and really enjoy reading it. For the last two, I got it on e-book form. The story hasn't lose its charm even after years that I instantly hooked by Cam and her friends' story since the first page.

2. First and Then by Emma Mills


I wasn't going to buy this actually. I'm about to pick another (one of them was Sophie Kinsella's Finding Audrey) and decided on this one mostly because it's cover and it's back cover's synopsis. Turns out I'm loving this book to theb point of reading it in one sitting. The book is witty, with story not only about teenage drama but also about growing up.

3. The Unexpected Everything and Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson

I read the books without expectation at first and that what makes it better. Especially Second Chance Summer. Spoiler alert, though it sometimes annoying how the main character was hurting people around her because she was hurt, it was all part of growing up and coping with her own emotions.

4. Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella


My favorite one. I can't believe that this is actually a book about a girl suffering from mental illness because I laugh so much and so hard. The book is funny and deep at the same time.



Once, a long time ago, I found this uber cute short-story on tumblr and I've been following the blog ever since. Not too long ago, she open a pre-order for a book of her writings and I just can't miss the chance, so I jumped on it and not even regret anything. Riuh is one of the best written thing I have ever read, and it makes me happy. Because, you know, read things that makes you happy even if no one understand why would you be happy reading that (unknown).

Hope to read even more awesome book next year and cheers for more diverse genre.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive