Singapore Trip : Series of Unfortunate Event

April 20, 2017

It was my second day. I was visiting Bras Basah Complex that afternoon for the used book fair and this cute shop called Cat Socrates. Someone also suggested for me to visit some art supplies store in the complex. I didn't spend a long time there but still managed to visit everything on my list. At that time I decided that I was going to Cat Socrates again, buy some souvenirs and then off to my next destination; Boat Quay.
Cat Socrates! 
I was texting my friend while I took the escalator. And then... my skirt was stuck.

... (insert 'what' sfx from Weighlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo drama)



I stand there at the end of the escalator, pulling my skirt with no luck. Meanwhile, people started to crowd (in the top of the escalator and around me) and then a man kindly stop the escalator. A woman asked me if I was okay and the whole situation suddenly become so funny. So I smile (I'm pretty sure I was triggered to laugh) and told her I'm totally okay.

The man who stopped the escalator actually helped me pulled my skirt but since it won't budge I asked him if he had something to cut. The woman, though, dashed to the art store right in front of the escalator and borrowing a scissor for me. Meanwhile, more and more people come. Another woman asked me if I'm okay and offered to find scissor for me (I told her someone else already did) and an older man, make a comment that my skirt fabric is good because it wasn't being pulled down (lol). After a while, the first woman back with a scissor and I cut my skirt with help from the first man.



I didn't stay after that. The man finish the cut for me and unknowingly, I walked out after that. Pretty sure it was my nervous system took over, I even forget to say thank you or to return the scissor.


At that time it was mixed feelings. I was ashamed even though it was also funny and borderline dangerous. To think that I wasn't really panic at that time was kind of blessing since I'm panic in mostly everything that didn't go my way. I'm pretty sure my mindset was I'm leaving the country in 2 and a half days and no one would remember me anyway. A girl who had her skirt stuck on an escalator and keep on wearing the skirt the next day was a pretty good anecdote though. (Don't judge me, I packed light and I have planned my outfit so I have no choice :p)

On the way from Boat Quay to Marina Bay
lucu yah :) kemudian nanjak -,-!
how I get my best walking record on SHealth
Except for that whole major skirt accident, my trip was totally satisfying. Well, I did wrongly assumed a walking distance from Boat Quay to Marina Bay Sands and Library @ Orchard to Plaza Singapura. I also took a bus to opposite direction when I was planning to go back from Tiong Bahru and got scammed by a man (and being told off by a middle aged woman afterwards).

But then again, I set another record of walking on my SHealth app ('this is your most active days') and found Jalan Rumah Tinggi on my way from Tiong Bahru thanks to both unfortunate events.

jalan rumah tinggi :)
After all, what is traveling without the kind of experience you could look back to and laugh at. I've been there, done that and gratefully regret nothing about that :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive