percy jackson and the olympians : the lightning thief

June 09, 2010

baca percy jackson akan dimulai dengan paragraf-paragraf ini :

Look, I didn't want to be a half-blood.

If you're reading this because you think you might be one, my advice is: close this book right now. Believe whatever lie your mom or dad told you about your birth, and try to lead a normal life.

Being a half-blood is dangerous. It's scary. Most of the time, it gets you killed in painful,
nasty ways.

If you're a normal kid, reading this because you think it's fiction, great. Read on. I envy you
for being able to believe that none of this ever happened.

But if you recognize yourself in these pages—if you feel something stirring inside—stop
reading immediately. You might be one of us. And once you know that, it's only a matter of time before they sense it too, and they'll come for you.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

dan ya, walaupun buat kebutuhan narasi tapi hal yang dilarang makin bikin pengen kan yaa biasanya hihihi. honestly this is only one thing about the book that makes me curious about the upcoming story. Again, I already watch the movie, so the story shouldn't be a surprise. In fact, it surprise me a lot.

Ceritanya berawal dari Percy Jackson, 12 tahun, yang disleksia dan ADHD, sekolah di Yancy Academy (a private school for troubled kids). He experienced some weird and wicked thing that finally reveal a fact that he is the son of Poseidon, one of the big three. a demigod.

Saat itu juga Lightning Bolt milik Zeus ternyata dicuri dan Poseidon dituduh sebagai pencurinya. To prove that it is wrong Percy was being sent to a quest along with her friend, Annabeth, a daughter of Athena and Grover, a satyr, his protector.

Along the quest they meet Medusa until Hades being in Santa Monica until the Underworld and finally go to Olympus.

It was indeed an interesting story from the first book.

Ever interested in Ancient Greek? Curious about Zeus, Athena, and even Hercules? You'll find out about ancient Greek in this book. I have no basic knowledge about it but the author, Rick Riordan explain it clearly between the story.

And this story is totally different from Harry Potter. There are half blood too in this book but when the pure blood witch thought that half blood is no good than them in Harry Potter, you'll find that Half Blood are heroes in this one. They have their own camp for training and special ability according to which god they belong to. sadly, as Poseidon said to Percy :

Still ... I am sorry you were born, child. I have brought you a hero's fate, and a hero's fate is never happy. It is never anything but tragic
Cerita Percy, Annabeth, dan Grover juga menarik karena mereka berbeda satu sama lain but have to work as a team. Together they finally pass the quest, the hard way.

This book is COOOOOOL! What more can I say? OUT NOW. hahahaha ngarep banget dibaca Rick Riordan review ini terus gue dikasih gratis buku-bukunya HAHAHAHAHA!

here's some great things from the book :
My mother can make me feel good just by walking into the room. Her eyes sparkle and change color in the light. Her smile is as warm as a quilt. She's got a few gray streaks mixed in with her long brown hair, but I never think of her as old. When she looks at me, it's like she's seeing all the good things about me, none of the bad - Percy

I stared across the meadow. There were groves of trees, a winding stream, acres of strawberries spread out under the blue sky. The valley was surrounded by rolling hills, and the tallest one, directly in front of us, was the one with the huge pine tree on top. Even that looked beautiful in the sunlight.
My mother was gone. The whole world should be black and cold. Nothing should look beautiful - Percy

Percy : So if the gods fight, will things line up the way they did with the Trojan War? Will it be Athena versus Poseidon?
Annabeth : I don't know what my mom will do. I just know I'll fight next to you.
Percy : Why?
Annabeth : Because you're my friend, Seaweed Brain. Any more stupid questions?

"Perseus. You did well, Perseus. Do not misunderstand me. Whatever else you do, know that you are mine. You are a true son of the Sea God." - Poseidon
I thought this post will be as long as the book if I don't stop here. hahahaha. Happy Readiiiing =D

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive