for a friend

December 10, 2013

For a friend who is out there,

I've heard or maybe read somewhere that it's impossible to found someone who doesn't want to be found. And the line never strikes me so bad until today.

I think we were on good terms on the last four years if we weren't best of friends. I share some stories, and so do you. Of course at first I didn't think that we could become friends as we do for the last four years, but isn't that how a good friend usually explain their first meeting?

Anyway, the four years has passed and I never thought of friendship as a Cinderella's fairy's magic that will lost it's power overtime. I do think about it as a precious things you nurture, a second home, a place where you can be sure that you have a second support system aside from your family. And i never believe that geography matters in this subject. It's the presence that counts, whatever it takes.

But then again, as much as my worries, I also aware that we are grown-ups whose problems might be much harder than a mere un-solvable calculus calculation. As much as I miss your presence, you might have your own thinking, as you always do, and you might come to a conclusion that it's best to stay away for a while.

You know what? I think I can learn to understand that.

After all, if it's really impossible to found someone who doesn't want to be found. maybe, just maybe, when you are ready, we'll finally find us again. Maybe we'll reminiscing the past like the spacing had never happened. Maybe we'll start from the scratch where we were awkward. Or maybe, just maybe, we'll be strangers who wonder about what could have been if we were doing the past differently.

For a friend who is out there, at the very least, you should know that people are missing you much.

Looking forward to hear from you :)


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive