Surviving March

April 02, 2016

This March had been... a bit dragging, upsetting, frustating, and seemingly too long.


It was in mid March when I started asking people whether they feel the same way about March being too long. One of my friend said yes, she also told me that despite two national holiday, this month has a full five weeks. The first week already started on Tuesday and the last week only ended on Thursday.

This is also the first month when I woke up on Wednesday morning and feeling upset because it's still the middle of the week. Usually, for me, when it reached Wednesday, the rest of the week will be fast and in no time it will be weekend. This month, while the weekdays are dragging, the weekend pass through just too fast.

Maybe it's the side effect of the holiday I took at the end of February (that already felt like too long ago). Maybe it's also because this is the first month of my father being posted in another city (a totally big change at home). Maybe it's also because the dynamic at the office has change. Two people who sat on my left and right resigned from the office, one at the beginning of the month and the other one at the end of the month. They weren't only officemate though, they were friends with the same wavelength. That's why this time it feels harder.

At the end of the month, I arrived in a conclusion. The big theme of this particular March 2016 is change. With a capital 'c'; Change.

Changes happen, it's given. That's the only thing in life that is not changing. The changes are giving me two choices, to give in and stay in my comfort zone (that is to also looking for another job and resigning) or to stay and take the responsibility that may shift my comfort zone. The first one was tempting; looking for something new has always been an answer. But maybe not for me right now because I decided to stay and go through the change.

I won't save my daily transport fare by going home with my father anymore, so maybe I need to go home earlier to avoid taking taxi at night. How to go home earlier? Work effectively.

Maybe I can also cut my lunch money by bringing my lunch from home. I only need to wake up earlier to prepare it. And also to refrain myself from watching tv show late at night so I can have enough sleeping time and wake up feeling fresh.

I won't have one of my friend at the office anymore and I won't be just taking notes on meeting, so I need to study more about the project. When one person resigned, the responsibility just get bigger for other people who stay. While some might think that is a bad thing, think of it as being tested for a higher position. 

The changes should not only happen around me, it should be me who change; and that's the only way to pass through it.

That being said, I think Surviving March was totally worth it.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive