a note before the final presentation

April 22, 2011

I was attending an exhibition yesterday; Japan Contemporary Architecture : Kumamoto Artpolis at Japan Foundation. Before it was opened for public, there was also a public lecture about Japanese Architects and Architecture delivered by Budi Pradono and Ridwan Kamil as moderator.

One thing that really caught me was when one of the architect (forgot the person) said that a design should tell a story. I was instantly thinking about my own design for my final presentation. does it tell any story?

A design who could tell a story will moved everyone who was there. The architect said that Tadao Ando told a story in his design, that's why people moved by his works.

I want that as well actually, so now I'm trying to tell anyone a story while designing this so-called first project. I hope a saying 'it is never too late for everything' tells the truth this time

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive