Japanese Drama : Dear Sister

March 13, 2018

It's been a while since my last post and it's also been years since my last japanese drama (ha!).

Anyway, last week I decided to download Viu app on my phone and WHOA! LOOK AT THOSE DRAMAS (culture shock). I already have a list of what korean drama I'd like to watch, but I never get to actually watch it because I prefer to stream and I don't have the wifi right now and it's just... I get too lazy to finish anything after 2 episodes or even after 14 episodes (lol, yes I just don't watch the last 2 episodes if I don't want it). And when I download the app, I was super excited about every titles that I see. But instead of watching one title off my list, I decided to randomly watch one Japanese Drama called Dear Sister.


Synopsis :
Dear Sister is a 2014 drama starred Satomi Ishihara and Nao Matsushita as sisters. The story, of course, revolves in the dymamic relationship between the sisters who couldn't be any more different. Fukazawa Hazuki, the older sister's life, is basically turned upside down when she came home to a messy apartment and a sister she hasn't met for years making out in her bedroom with a stranger.

That was just a beginning; the younger sister, Fukazawa Misaki, was introduced as a girl with no real jobs for years who live as she pleased with people who always adore her everywhere she goes. Them living together is basically a recipe to make Hazuki life went to a path she didn't know exist.


Why I Recommend :
Believe me, I almost skip the series when I arrive at the first half. I totally can't stand Misaki's character because she was pictured as selfish and doing everything her way without being considerate of her sister. Hazuki, on the other hand, wasn't comfortable to speak up her mind and her succesful government worker is just a facade of her not so satisfying life. I glad I'm not, though. This series was about healing relationship between family and to understand that everyone has their own way to cope with their life. Just like most of japanese drama I have watched, be ready for a very interesting story line.

Irrelevances :
Of course you can't please everyone completely (lol) despite the interesting story, I decided to ignore several irrelevances like sensei's ex-wive, or why there's a big gap between the brothers, or why Misaki looks very normal considering her situation. Too much spoiler, so I would just stop here. Trust me, these things aren't that important (for me) so, just enjoy the big picture.


There, my first japanese drama after a very long time (I think I have write one before? Not so sure). Gonna be on Viu and search for more series (and we'll see how long this excitement will last. Ha! :D)




Ps. This is my first time posting from my phone and the app keeps on quitting so I use the usual webpage. It needs more effort but hopefully, this can be a start of me posting more writing in the future!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive