Note to self : Dear you. big two-one-year-old you.

October 15, 2012

I think it's about 4 years ago. I'm in the middle of conversation with my homeroom teacher. Talking about the inevitable topic of university and she asked me this question, "So what will you do then if you still this moody?"

I have this acute mood swing back then when I was high school. Nothing serious, it's just something I can't hide from people. But back to my personality, most of the time, it faded away almost as quickly as it happened.

back then, I replied childishly, "I can drink the milk," and the list continue, and write on my diary, or listening to some yellowcard on my iPod, or buy some ice cream, or holding hands with istia, or sleep, or anything as simple as drinking the hot milo.

But you know, that time when the simplest things happened has gone far. Now, problems have to be solved, not to let go by listening to Lights and Sound. Problems are something I have to deal with, instead of writing it all on my diary. It's not that I'm still that 17 year old girl with an acute mood swing and a weird addiction to ice cream, diary, and milo. It's just that life happens to be going and not waiting.

Ever heard that life begins at twenty? twenty-five? thirty? Go on with whatever you like, the truth is, life doesn't wait until that designated age. Life just begin, and keep on going. You are the one who has to keeping up with its pace. Life just begin, and keep on going. Brace yourself, that's reality.

And I'm etching that last paragraph to my mind with the hope of ten years later, when I re-read this writing a 21 year old me has written, I can smile and tell myself that I have been at the same pace with the life.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive