Grow Out of Things

February 10, 2017

I visited a best friend from high school when I went to Bandung yesterday. It's been about a year since we last met and now she has a baby boy. He was seriously cute and my friend is seriously adoring him (like, of course XD). We fell into our usual lengthy-talking (as long as my time allowed) about how her life had been an upside down in a beautiful way, how she had planned things and that she is beyond happy to have it changed because of the bundle of joy called a baby boy, and that she had a place to print and bind book that she would like me to know.

Also about my latest job and my concerns about them, and about my latest favorite band, and about my traveling plan.

And about her online shopping habit, and how I didn't read anything right now, and how she didn't finish a lot of her reading material and how she rarely read fiction nowadays.

Then we talk about having agenda book for 2017 and then I admit to her that I didn't write anymore. I do write in my blog, now and then (and in my other blog mostly reblogging things), but not a full-length writing about feelings and what is happening to me and whatnot. I told him I get rid of all of my diary (literally burn all of it) not too long ago after stopped writing on them back on my university days.

I told her that it's kinda weird to start again right now. Though I didn't exactly tell her that there are feelings I didn't want to revisit in the future.

She told me that she too, stopped writing. That she thought as time goes by, she grew even more introverted. And I told her that being that way make me feel like there's nothing worthy to share, like I want to keep it all for myself and if possible, forget it.

I sighed at that and wonder why I didn't write or read like I used to. Do you just grow out of reading and writing that easily? Or do you just mature and deal with things differently?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive