Loosen Up

March 18, 2015

Back when I was traveling with some of my friends, one of them told me this :

"you only takes picture of things, don't you?"
It was kind of a conclusion after I refuse to pose silly for pictures for the last 2 days. I filled up my gallery with high rise building, the cities, and some stuff we found while walking, but rarely faces. Or, silly faces. While my friend asked me to take pictures of her standing in front of a huuuuge map on a wall, or mimicking people poses in pictures. She even asked me to do the twin towers pose while taking pictures in Petronas.

No, I think. I said that too; no. I don't take pictures like that.

But after a while, it kind of ruining the mood. I mean, it was only us, walking in a city we won't even coming back to very soon. Surrounded by people who didn't even know where we've come from. I manage to take some pictures that make all of us happier. It was fun, though it's kinda tiring. It was kind of photos I would look back, and smile at, thinking what we were doing back then.

My friend write this as a caption later on : You can always made money, but you can't always make memories.

Cliche, but those words make me think. If there should be another chance for me to go travel again, I think I should loosen up. I do cares about the high rise building, pretty tiles, and the light show on the cityscape, but those will hold memories of myself, not those with my friends. And it's nice to smile, looking at silly pictures with oh-so-unbelievable poses. It was part of making memories, all of it.

so, loosen up. Just a little bit, and find another happiness just around the corner.

DILARANG MENAMPAL (photo taken by finka)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive