Winter in Korea #1 : A Sudden Call for a Holiday

February 14, 2016

source
I have always had this urge to visit South Korea. Most of it might be because I watch a lot of korean dramas and variety show and also the fact that it has one of the best subway system in the world. Since last year, I already plan to visit Seoul and Busan in a week trip on autumn this year.

Then, on December last year, my aunt told me that she is going to South Korea on February. She said that we can share the hotel room if I decided to tag along. Of course I told her that I might not have money I needed to go on a trip at that time even if I wanted to, besides I haven't been working long enough to get a week leave.

Nevertheless, I told my parents about it, still with no intention to go. Unexpectedly, they told me to just go. Now, or not very soon later, because they against me traveling solo. That left me hesitated for a whole month before I asked my principal for a week leave.

It never occured to me that my trip to South Korea would be decided in a month's time. After getting the (unexpectedly easy) permission to leave, I only have around 4 weeks before my departure date on February 20. In that time, I need to apply for visa, find flight tickets, and deciding my itinerary because my aunt will be in Busan while there's no cheap flight to Busan at that time.

Long story short, I finally went through it all and currently counting down to my departure date. Yeay! In a full service airline with price cheaper than low-cost airline too. Double yeay!

So, this is going to be my third traveling series and hopefully the most exciting one yet.

Winter in Korea, here I come :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive